Monday, April 25, 2016

Back From the Dead

When I pulled the plug on this endeavor about ten months ago, I was pretty bummed, but I was also pretty sure that I couldn't continue maintaining the radio show, the blog, the Facebook page, and the other activities in which I involved Rage and Frustration.  I think that is still true, but I also learned that I really need some sort of connection to music.  It is just necessary to who I am.  I have kept my fingers in the water by making and enlarging my connections in what is actually a really cool DIY scene where I live.  I'm a little bummed I didn't find it sooner and a big shout out to the members of Dahkma for helping me find my way a bit.  So here's the deal:  I'm back...sort of.  I plan to be as involved as I can be.  I plan to get back on the radio (if Ryno will have me), but not on any set schedule.  When I can prep a show, I'll ask Ryno to find a time to let it run, and then post it as a podcast here as well.  I plan to write album reviews.  Some weeks I might write 5 in a week and then go 3 weeks without any.  I plan to write about shows I attend.  Lots and lots of shows.

I have  also found someone to help me out in this endeavor, at least with review writing.  My buddy Credible has agreed to do some writing again.  I plan to rope him into this as far as I can.  Just don't tell him that...he might run for the hills.  I think there are some pretty exciting things in the works.  I have four album reviews currently formulating and might get some of them written this week.  I have a concert on May 7th (and maybe one this weekend if I can get out).  I'll definitely write about those.  More than anything else, I hope this can turn into a conversation with others who love music.

No comments:

Post a Comment