Monday, October 27, 2014

Re-Run: Santa Marta Golden Episode

So, I've had real trouble getting to the show this week.  I'm a high school teacher in my other life and grades are due this week.  Sadly, I do not have a new episode for you.  Instead, I'm re-running the episode where I interview Mel Arise from Santa Marta Golden.  It was on a Tuesday night (not my normal night), so my theory is that some of you may have missed it.  I'll be back next week with an episode centered around an interview with the band Owlfood.  I'm reposting my blog comments as originally written.

Here we go again!  I've had a crazy fun summer that included an exceptionally cool music festival (Gilead Media Fest), a total of 3 weeks of camping (one of which was in a pretty remote area where I woke up to a wolf in the campsite one morning...very cool!), and (not so cool) a significant computer issue which put this project on hold until I could get a new computer, transfer all my music over, etc.  I have interviews with ten different bands from Gilead Fest to play in the coming weeks, but this week, I finally have an interview with Mel Arise, the lead singer of lyric writer for Santa Marta Golden.  As I use their song Yi as my theme song every week, I think this is a pretty important one.  It turned out to be a pretty good interview too, in spite of the fact that I can only speak one language and english is the weakest of her three languages.  Thanks Mel for such a great interview!  Before I ramble on too much, here is the playlist:
  1. Yi by Santa Marta Golden from El Fallo Humano  CC - BY - NC - SA  0:00 
  2. Feast by Arroyo Deathmatch from Through the Fear of It  CC - BY - NC - SA  2:27 
  3. Eternal Treblinka by Avvika from S/T 12"  CC - BY - NC - SA  7:50 
  4. Obsessive Compulsive by The Bad Days Will End from Detournement  CC - BY - NC - SA  27:28 
  5. Rien qu'une Vie by Bolchoï from S/T  CC - BY - NC - SA  30:59 
  6. Stacking Bills by Corporate Hearts from Deathwishers EP  CC - BY - NC - ND  34:18 
  7. [Уб]люди by D'Omen from Demo  CC - BY - NC - SA  37:52 
  8. The Nature of the Game by Damn Broads from CC - BY - NC - ND  41:10 
  9. If You Want To Die by Grimoff from Twisted Games  CC - BY - SA  42:47 
  10. 4000 ° Kelvin by Spiralmountain from ... And Embers Crash Like Hail  CC - BY - NC - ND  48:53 
  11. Héroe by Santa Marta Golden from El Fallo Humano  CC - BY - NC - SA  53:01 
  12. Interview with Mel Arise from Santa Marta Golden  57:14
  13. Vacío by Santa Marta Golden from El Fallo Humano  CC - BY - NC - SA  1:12:54 
  14. Mutiny by Rail Yard Ghosts from Blackgrass  CC - BY - ND  1:17:16 
  15. Diabolus ex Machina, Angelus ex Nihilo, Omnia Phantasia by Walden's Edge from Canti della Divina Agonia  CC - BY - NC - SA  1:21:49 
  16. Pussy Riot's Revenge/The Sow Is Mine by Black Cohosh from Live at the Zoo  CC - BY - NC - SA  1:28:36 
  17. Lépj Tovább by Obsidian Shell from In Noxa Est  CC - BY - NC - ND  1:40:37 
  18. To Walk Among Serpents by Steamforged from Fractured Singularity  CC - BY - NC - ND  1:45:28 
  19. Retrospect - All Is Sorrow Pt 5 by Catapult The Dead from All Is Sorrow  CC - BY - NC - ND  1:50:14 
  20. Theatre of Forms by Odradek Room from Bardo Relative Reality  CC - BY - NC  1:58:48 
  21. Through the Forest, to the Shore by All The Empires Of The World from Sunscraper  CC - BY - NC - SA  2:07:16 
  22. Condition humana by Ancst from split w/Smuteční Slavnost  CC - BY - NC - SA  2:14:40 
  23. Dirt Between The Tiles by Cara Neir from Split with Flesh Born  CC - BY - NC - ND  2:16:45 
  24. Entre descansos by Cementerio from LUNA HIENA  CC - BY - NC - ND  2:19:36 
  25. saccharine by Dakhma from s/t  CC - BY - NC - ND  2:24:04 
  26. Re Vera, The Gulf is Voiceless; or the Lucidity Polymer by Arkhum from 24 Hours  CC - BY  2:28:35 
  27. Masterful Wroth by Banewreaker from Banewreaker  CC - BY - NC - SA  2:38:18 
  28. environmental rape by BLUDGEONED from no future for mankind  CC - BY - NC - SA  2:41:23 
  29. Once Again I am Defeated by Cursed Altar from The Light Shall Die  CC - BY - NC  2:48:17 
  30. Četvrti element by Govor from Lucifer  CC - BY - NC - ND  2:49:08 
  31. Threat Inflation by Iskra from Self-Titled (Re-Issue)  CC - BY - NC - ND  2:53:43 
  32. Battle For Humanity by Nutrition from Hyperdimensional Awakening EP  CC - BY - NC - ND  2:58:57 
Thanks for listening.  Remember to support underground and local metal, punk, hardcore, etc.  Coming soon:  Gilead interviews, a Gilead write-up, hopefully another Blackened Friday feature the day after Thanksgiving, and my year end best of show.

No comments:

Post a Comment